Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Something a little different..

Hi my crafty friends... well it's the weekend and it's a beautiful unseasonable day here in Louisiana.  It's 74 degrees here at 9:10 am on January 21st. I wanted to share a card I created last week ... I had an email asking me how I created it.. so .. I will tell you. 

I used the Cricut cartridge Lacy Labels and cut out 2 images at 4.5 inches.  I used a DCWV paper pack.  I loved the subtle flowers in pink in the background of the paper.   I used red pigment dye to outline the perimeter of the card shape.   I secured the two halves together with permanent two sided tape and then punched a hole in the top and  threaded a ribbon through it.   In order to make it "hinge" i scored the top shape at about 1/2 inch across the top. 

I used a Hello stamp as the sentiment stamped on the front.  I added cherry blossom stems I got last year in a RAK to the card front with hot glue to keep it sturdy.  I used some recollection paper flowers in a cluster to one side of the card giving it semmetry.   Flat back bling is added to the centers of the flowers and a paper heart is nestled between the flowers.

Make  your own cards out of shapes that fit the occasion.. Card's aren't squares and rectangles anymore. 

Thanks for stopping by...

 Have a fantastically crafty day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment